what would a summer be with a trampoline without trying to sleep out on said trampoline at least once? useless. the kids got all fancy with their blankets and snacks and harry potter book 1 that we have been nursing for a year now, looking for a night full of fun sleeping under the stars. hus and i knew this would never come to fruition so once we had them all settled in we went inside to watch our trashy reality tv and wait for the first child to give up. five minutes later ruby came in. she heard zombies. ten minutes later the boys followed. but at least they looked all idealic and amazing snuggled under the covers in their gorgeous pj’s from amiki. they are the prettiest little pj’s. you are gonna wanna pin these for holiday time. classic, vintage inspired and so beautiful.
this sneaky little devil stood on his tiptoes to try to make the rides since he was denied access by the carni folks last week at the fair. i could die over this little face looking all innocent and this shirt. the shirt is brought to you by the amazing online shop for babies to toddlers, hatched baby. i had the best time shopping their site for back to school for this munchkin. hatched baby carries a whole bunch of our favorite brands and now they are offering my readers 15% off their next order until Wednesday so get crackin!
this heights hating boy waited patiently for the little ones to get off the ferris wheel.
don’t forget those babies and preschoolers while you are getting ready for back to school. i am so so excited to offer you 15% off hatched baby online when you use the discount code bluecloset. LOVE this shop!! here are my favorite picks:
2. i can die now. this weekender is everything.
3. well, you know, ruby lives in these dresses mexican floral dress
5. warrior tank
6. could you die? get this swimmer for next year! such a good deal right now by mini rodini
7. too fast tee
11. batman onesie (just in time for halloween!!)
12. camo harem pants /
do you follow hey natalie jean? you should. she is a brilliant writer and funny and strong and oh so stylish. we decided to team up to inspire one another on what we wear. i looked to natalie for overall inspiration and she looked to me for some kaftan inspo. click on over to her blog and check out all the deets. hope you like it.
my boys, their hair, they take it very seriously… remember this post i wrote two years ago about cutting the curls? Well we cut them and then we grew them out longer and longer and longer until we could do this samurai bun hairstyle.
i am often asked how we do the boys’ hair and to be honest, i don’t. hus does. i had to call him in because he gets them lookin real nice. in fact he even has ello happily wearing the beloved samurai.
now on a side note, even when we are growing out their hair we get it trimmed regularlyish to keep the shape and weight in check.
1. stare all goggly eyed at your dad because he is everything.
2. wet the hair with you hands.
3. spread a little styling cream in the palm of your hands until it is an even consistency and run through the hair.
4. shake it out.
6. let it dry, the curls will come.
7. finish with a mist of hairspray.
NOW if you want to take it a step further and pull the hair back into a samurai style ponytail here you go…
1. more excitement.
2. define a little part in the hair.
3. pull hair back with hands, don’t make it perfect, and secure with a hair tie.
4. make the ponytail pointy. it dries better on ello and doesn’t look quite so girly.
5 – 9 crack yourself up acting like a yogi.
some from the iphone…
Myes always has an opinion about his hair. two years ago he did the whole jeff from the bachelorette thing. last year, he wanted tony hawk’s hair from the 80′s. in the spring we had to buzz his head so when he ripped off his catcher’s helmet he could actually see the ball and he has been growing it out ever since.
have you had the experience with your son when he tries to do his own hair and he comes out and either A. has used all your expensive hair spray to create some crunchy mass on his head. B. his hair looks great from the front but yet retains his bed head in the back where he forgot to reach. or C. both. us too. it used to take a village to get myes hair done right and to his specifications. many tears were shed and many times we were late in the process of learning how he likes his hair. when he began doing it himself dreams started coming true. hus has worked with him a lot and although it does not always look perfect in this weird growing out stage i thought it would be helpful to show you how he does it, since so many people ask and i cannot believe we are here with a boy old enough to do his own hair.
1. get it wet.
2. use this much styling cream.
3. rub styling cream in the palms of your hands to get the cream nice and soft and then spread throughout hair, working it through with the fingers.
4. don’t forget the back.
5. use a brush to make the part. hus only uses his hands, myes likes to use both.
6. shake it out so it is a little imperfect.
7. fluff up the wings in the back. sometimes myes will put on a hat for about 15 minutes if he really wants to get the wings going.
8. smile that awkward eight year old smile because you are so proud of yourself and because your teeth still haven’t grown all the way in since you lost them four months ago.
9. finish with hairspray
2. axe clean cut cream: love the price and that it is available at target. it holds up well with my active boys.
4. wet brush: the brush heard around the world and for good reason, we have 4 in our house, all in different colors so we know where they belong. plus they are available at target now.
5. paul mitchell tea tree shaping cream (this is hus’ favorite but its pretty expensive so we use the other two on the boys if we can help it)
* i may receive a fee if you purchase products through this blog, the blue closet. all opinions are yours truly. thanks for your support.