The Blue Closet’s Target Beauty Haul for Spring.
There comes a time in every girl’s life when you think, ” Does mascara really cost $25 bucks now?”
you know i don’t have an issue shelling out the big bucks on cosmetics but there are certain times when i am feeling thrifty and just don’t want to plunk down so much dough. for those times, ie. when i was in college, when we started our first company, when we started our second company, when i forget my face wash while on vacation, when i found out we were expecting my fourth child… those times. i search the aisles of target for the latest and greatest and cheapest.
i like having my cosmetics case ready to go for the gym and like to replicate some of my more expensive brands in this bag, but sometimes i want something less expensive. since i don’t always get ready at the gym, i don’t like the idea of my armani foundation expiring away in my gym bag.
it is not a surprise that lacey navigates the aisles of target like a boss and comes up with some of the best finds. especially since nobody is paying her to finish up her masters degree, good quality products for a great price are key to her beauty routine. and lets be honest, target is target for a reason. they have gems. they curate their selections well. the store feels clean and shoppable and just so dreamy. we all love target
lacey and i got together to go over our favorite drug store finds that we really love and bring the target haul right to you. here is your shopping list…
1. Vaseline lip therapy in rosy: Lacey loves this one for the perfect smoothness you expect from Vaseline with the prettiest rosy color. find this teeny tiny pot hanging in the checkout aisle next to the chapstick and batteries.
2. Boots Botanics Facial Oil $8.99 - when you want to spread oil all over your arms and legs, but not when it costs you $50 per bottle, Lacey suggests this oil. affordable and delivers that oil glow you expect.
3. Pixi Nail Polish in $8.00
4. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara $7.99 (not pictured) – lacey told me about this one and i love the brush. it has a butterfly wing shape that gets each and every last lash. love how full and pretty this makes your lashes with perfection separation.
5. No. 7 True Identity Foundation $12.99 - this is one of my all time favorite drug store finds. i am not sure how or why this foundation automatically blends right into your skin, matching your skin tone, but it does. i kid you not. it is velvety soft and minimizes pores, reminding me a lot of pore-fessional by benefit but with more coverage. it is light and easy and oh so pretty.
6. Jergens BB Cream $11.99 - Lacey swears by this cream to achieve a smooth even skin tone on her legs and arms. Run a little highlighter down the front of your leg to make them look extra long and glowy.
7. Biore Deep Charcoal Cleanser $6.00 - Although a little drying for winter, Lacey uses this cleanser to get all the gunk from sweat and sunscreen out of her pores in the spring and summer. pack this baby for spring break
8. Pixi Crayon Combo - Perfect for that light smoky brown beachy eye. so easy to apply and the prettiest cool brown color.
9. Pixi Correction Concentrate in Peach $12 - the color of this under eye brightening corrector is fantastic but i find the formula a little hard to spread and the last thing i want is to tug the skin under my eyes. mix with a little eye cream or over a little eye cream for smooth application.
10. L’Oreal True Match Color Crayon $7.99 – this concealer matches the skin seamless with great coverage.
11. Essie Nail Polish in Clambake $8.50 - every time i wear this color someone stops to ask what it is. the perfect orangey red that makes tan and pale skin look pretty darn pretty.
12. Revlon Photo Ready Concealer $7.99 - my favorite drugstore concealer. hands down.
13. Fairy Tales Conditioning Spray - I am a complete freak about my kids not getting lice. with three long haired little ones the struggle is real. We have yet to get a case of lice in this house, knock on wood. i attribute it to tea tree oil behind the ears (i know there is controversy, save it) and this conditioning spray. it detangles and repels the little buggers. not available at target online, but search your aisles or buy on amazon.
14. Rimmel Lipstick in Nude Delight: The. Perfect. Nude. Lipstick. under $9.00
affiliate links are used in this post. we may receive a small commission fee if you purchase through our site. thanks for supporting this blog!